Financial Hardship

Financial Hardship

What to do I do if I experience unforeseen Hardship

At Payright we are here to help. Payright understands that life sometimes throws curve balls and that due to a change in circumstance, you may find it hard to maintain your payments.

If you are unable reasonably to keep up your payments or other obligations because of illness, injury, loss of employment, the end of a relationship, or other reasonable cause, you may be able to apply to Payright for a hardship variation.

COVID-19 Support

For any of our merchant partners or customers who feel they may have been impacted, please feel free to get in touch with our Australian-based Support team. We are available from 8am-6pm  (AEDT) Monday-Friday to discuss how we can support you.

More information regarding COVID-19 support is available here.

Customers affected by the Australian Bushfires

If you are a Payright customer that has been affect by fires, please get in touch to see how we can help.

How to apply

To apply for a hardship variation, you need to contact us as soon as possible to discuss your situation.

You can contact us to discuss your account by:

Calling us on: 1300 338 496

Emailing us at:

Or writing to us at:


Level 2, 789 Toorak Road

Hawthorn East VIC Australia 3123

To assist us reasonably consider your request to vary your account, you will need to:

  1. Explain your reason(s) for the application;
  2. Let us know what you are seeking, for example a postponement of the dates on which payments are due under your contract (please specify the period for which you want this to apply) or a reduction or variation of the frequency and/or the amounts of payments due under your contract for a period of time; and
  3. Send the application to us, if it is in writing.

Occasionally, we may require further information to assess your application. In such cases, we will let you know as soon as possible.

We welcome your feedback in dealings with us. If you are not happy with the financial hardship assistance we provide you, please let us know. If we cannot resolve your concerns to your satisfaction, you can lodge a complaint with the Australian Financial Complaints Authority (AFCA).

AFCA provides financial services customers access to external dispute resolution (EDR). AFCA provides fair and independent financial services complaint resolution that is free to consumers.

AFCA’s contact details are:

Phone: 1800 931 678 (free call within Australia)



Ordinary mail:

Australian Financial Complaints Authority

GPO Box 3, Melbourne, VIC 3001